According to the National President of the Council of Catholic Women Organization of Nigeria,Chief Felicia Onyeabo, there will be a scarcity of quality husbands in Nigeria in the near future following the increasing number of male dropouts from schools in the last 10 years. Mrs Onyeabo said this at a press briefing to herald the inauguration of a catholic school in Abuja last week
“The future of this country is going to be very bleak for the male-child. How many girls do you see hawking clothes? Go to Onitsha, they are all men. We have looked round and have come to see that there is a neglect of boys in education. Who are the armed robbers on the streets? They are mostly the boys. Let us concentrate on training boys.
The NCCWO feels that a vacuum is being created, and very soon, we shall be faced with a situation where our educated girl-child will not find a corresponding suitable boy-child to marry. This is because more boys drop out of school, apparently because the high rate of unemployed youth discourages our young boys from appreciating the need to be educated. The NCCWO also considers the fact that in the near future, quality husbands will become extremely scarce, with too many highly educated women looking for husbands, and settling for anyhow husbands, just to get married. The result of this type of situation is better imagined and will not augur well for Nigerians.”she said
Latest Updates ...
- Darci Lynne Wins America’s Got Talent Season 12 (video)
- Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer Claims He’s Either Captured or Killed
- Is This Genevieve Nnaji’s Secret Hubby?
- Zahra Buhari Leaves Nigerians Baffled with Cryptic Message
- Banky W Drops Opinion on Ghana, Nigeria Jollof Debate
- Eedris Abdulkareem Praises Don Jazzy, Bashes D’BANJ (video)
- Paul Replies Lola Omotayo, Psquare Feud Continues
- Korede Bello’s ‘Kano Chieftaincy Title’ Sparks Tribal Tension